- Family Physician/General Practice
- ECP Treatment
- Hyperbaric Treatment
- Art Assists
- Prolo Therapy
ECP (External Counter Pulsation)
ECP is a non-invasive therapy that has been approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the management of refractory angina and heart failure.
ECP is ideal for patients with severe angina who are not suitable for angioplasty or bypass surgery. This non-invasive procedure is also beneficial for patients with congestive heart failure, as it can improve blood flow. ECP treatment consists of 35 sessions with each session taking about an hour.
External Counterpulsation has produced positive effects in patients with coronary artery disease.
These are some of the benefits that have been observed and/or published in various medical publications:
- Relief from angina symptoms
- Fewer episodes of angina
- Improved treadmill exercise times
- Nuclear stress tests show increased blood flow
- Reduction in the need for antianginal medications
- Improvements in lifestyle activity levels
- Ability to return to work